The Lincoln County Surveyor's Office serves the public by:
- Helping the public and other entities with survey related questions
- Maintaining a research library of property surveys, subdivisions, and partitions
- Restoring lost or obliterated government survey corners
- Surveying of County owned properties and County roads
The Surveyor's Office does not perform boundary surveys of individual properties. Those services are provided by licensed land surveyors in private practice.
- How do I get copies of surveys of my property?
You can find surveys affecting your property by using our Interactive Map Application. It includes a HELP feature that describes all of the functions.
- Who will survey my property?
Professional Land Surveyors in private practice can perform a survey for you. The County Surveyor's Office doesn't survey private property. We operate a research library where surveys are recorded.
- What does it cost to survey my property?
The cost of a survey is negotiated between you and the Professional Land Surveyor performing the work. The County Surveyor's Office can't comment on a private business transaction.
- I want to divide my property. What is the first step?
Contact the appropriate city or county planning department. They are the first of several steps in the process of legally dividing property.