Lincoln Alerts - Emergency Notifications & Community Information
Welcome to the Lincoln County - Lincoln Alerts - emergency notification system. This system enables the agencies within Lincoln County to provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situations, including severe weather, distant tsunamis, unexpected road closures, missing persons, and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods due to a hazardous material event or possible wildfire situations.
Community members, visitors, and businesses can choose up to 3 ways to receive emergency notifications and community information from Public Safety, City, Tribal, and County Officials for Lincoln County, Oregon. Community members should also be knowledgeable of our local radio, print, television, and online media sources who will provide additional information from local public safety officials as it becomes available.
Residential and business landline numbers are automatically included in the emergency contact list - no action is needed.
Sign-up for each person in your household to receive alerts to your mobile phone, mobile text, email, fax, and mobile app. Please review Option 2 - Sign-up/Create, Update, or Delete Your Opt-in Profile for more details.
New Registrations / Sign-up (Don't Have an Account Yet)
- Create a personal profile for each person in your household (username and password)
- Enter your contact information
- Enter address locations of those areas you want alerts for (your home, work, school, business, other family members, vacation properties, recreational areas)
- Enter any special needs you or a family member may have
- Sign-up for flooding alerts along our major rivers even if you do not have an associated address in that area.
To get started, please view the Lincoln Alerts New Registration page.
Update / Delete Current Registration
- Log in to your current profile and update contact information, and addresses, or delete your profile
- Request a password reset or locate your username
To make changes to your profile view the Lincoln Alerts page to make changes.
What to Do if You Accidently Unsubscribe Your Email
- "Re-subscribe" or allow Lincoln Alerts to send you emails.
To receive future emails from the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, please re-subscribe.
OPT IN PROFILE WELLNESS CHECK
- Check how you can make sure your Opt-In Profile is up to date.
Anyone can sign up to receive community information via text from City, Tribal, and County Officials by texting any or all of the keywords below and/or your zip code to '888777'. Please review Option 3 - Community Information - Text Messages for more details.
Lincoln County User Guide
- View the Lincoln County User Guide - Lincoln Alerts - Community Information Text Messages (PDF) for more information.
- Anyone can sign up to receive community information via text from City, Tribal, and County Officials by texting any or all of the keywords below and/or your zip code to '888777'.
- Community information may include street closures, water outages, and community event notices.
- Notifications will also be sent when there is a critical situation affecting that area.
- Message and data rates may apply based on your individual mobile phone plan, message frequencies vary.
- To STOP messages from a specific Keyword or Zip Code - test '888777' enter 'STOP' and then send the message. You will receive a notice of all of your subscriptions and how to stop notices from a specific subscription.
- Were you an original Nixle user and need to log on to your account to update the email in that account?
- Visit the original Nixle webpage.
- Click here for the Nixle information page.
Text your zip code and/or any of the keywords to 888777.
City, Tribal Keywords
- DEPOE BAY
- LINCOLN CITY
Lincoln County Keywords
- LINC4ALERTS - Information that may affect several or all areas of Lincoln County
- LINC4COUNTY - Specific to County operations or scheduled County events
- LINC4ESPANOL - Specific notification message for Spanish-speaking community members
- LINC4RIVERS - Specific to Lincoln County Rivers Alsea, Siletz, Yachats, Yaquina
- LINC4ROADS - Specific to County Public Works - Roadways
- LINC4TRANSIT - Specific to County Transit Services
- How to sign-up for Lincoln Alerts (create your profile user name and password)
- How to download and use the Lincoln Alerts Mobile App (powered by Everbridge)
- How to sign-up for the community information text messages (Keywords)
Learn more information by visiting the Lincoln Alerts - User Guides page.
For questions or more information, please contact Lincoln County Sheriff's Office - Emergency Management at 541-265-4199 or email Virginia "Jenny" Demaris.