Child Support Services

Important Notice

Electronic Disbursements by Direct Deposit (form required) or ReliaCard (no form needed) to any individual entitled to receive child support became mandatory in 2007.

(If you do not fill out a Direct Deposit Form, you will be automatically enrolled in ReliaCard.)


The Lincoln County District Attorney's Office will help you collect support.
We offer the following services:

  1. Establish Paternity - The parents of a child born out of wedlock may sign an affidavit which legally establishes paternity of the child. If a parent will not sign an affidavit, then a petition can be filed in court to establish paternity. Once paternity is established, the DA can help you get a child support order and help you collect support.
  2. Establish a Support Order - A parent, custodian or child may come to our office to obtain a child support order to require the parent(s) to support a child.
  3. Modify a Support Order - Either party may request a review of their support order amount after 2 years, or upon a substantial change of circumstances.
  4. Collect Support - After you obtain a support order, the DA's Office will try to collect support in various ways, including withholding of wages or other benefits such as unemployment, worker's compensation or retirement. We will automatically intercept any state or federal tax refunds of the nonsupporting parent if there is past due support. We may schedule examinations of the nonsupporting parent, or contempt proceedings for failing to obey the support order.
  5. Interstate Services - When the obligated parent lives in another state, our office will forward a request to the other state to collect support. The DA's Office must rely on the other state to handle the case. The DA's Office also accepts requests from the custodial parent in another state to collect support from a parent who lives in Oregon.
  6. Acquire and Enforce a Requirement to Obtain Health Insurance - Oregon law requires that all child support orders include a requirement that the obligated parent obtain health insurance coverage for the child(ren) if requested by the other party and if available at a reasonable cost through a group plan, employer or union.

Online Portal: You can create an Online Portal Account to look at your case information 24 hours a day. This link also has information and a link for Title and Escrow Companies regarding liens for Child Support.

Who is Eligible for Services?

Generally, any person who lives in Lincoln County or whose obligated parent lives in Lincoln County AND any person who has physical custody of a dependent child.