Nonprofit Social Service Agency Grant Applications Open
A quarter-century tradition of investing in local good works continues today with the opening of Lincoln County’s Nonprofit Social Service Agency Grant program.
Since 2017, the Nonprofit Social Service Agency Grants have averaged about $180,000 annually – typically divided between about 20 organizations – and funding since the program began totals about $3.5 million.
The grant reflects the county’s recognition that local nonprofits are critical partners in meeting community needs and offers general operating funding that organizations can use where it is most needed.
To qualify to apply for the Nonprofit Social Service Agency Grant, an organization must be a 501(c)3 providing social services in Lincoln County that respond to community needs. Applications are reviewed by a local volunteer Grant Review Committee which makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners.
The deadline to apply is June 23.
The criteria the review committee and Board of Commissioners will generally use to review the applications and prioritize allocations include the following:
• Provider of direct social services to citizens within Lincoln County
• Record of service in the county
• Evidence of community need and community support
• Historical support by Lincoln County of agency’s operations and activities
• Demonstrated sound financial and administrative capabilities
• Avoidance of duplication of services from governmental or other nonprofit agencies
• Experience in coordinating services with other agencies across spectrum of social services provided in the county
• Accessibility of programs and facilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
• Commitment to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion as articulated in the Board of Commissioners Resolution
Numerous requests are expected, and while there is no limit on the amount of an individual award, are typically between $5,000 and $10,000 per recipient.
The mission of Lincoln County is to provide essential public services, both legally required and locally desired, in an efficient, effective, and respectful manner. The Nonprofit Social Service Agency Grant delivers on that mission by distributing grants to social service nonprofit organizations who provide social services to the general population of Lincoln County or targeted segments of that population.
Apply for a grant via the county website at https://tinyurl.com/LCServiceGrants.
To complete the application, you will need full contact information for your organization, including Federal Employer ID number; your organization's mission statement and detailed information on the organization's structure and operations; documents including a list of current board members, a statement of financial position, and a budget-to-actuals report.
For questions, contact Public Information Officer Kenneth Lipp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-265-4100.