If I witness animal abuse or neglect, what should I do?

Under Oregon law, animal caregivers must meet "minimum standards of care," which means care sufficient to preserve the health and well-being of the animal. Essentially, it means animals must be provided with potable water, food, shelter, a clean environment, and proper veterinary care. If you believe minimum care standards are not being met, or if you believe an animal is being physically abused, has been abandoned, or is in immediate danger, please contact an Animal Services Deputy at 541-265-0777. You may also submit a citizen report online. Law enforcement may decide to remove or seize the animal and may place him or her in protective custody with Lincoln County Animal Shelter (LCAS).

Show All Answers

1. Can Lincoln County Animal Shelter (LCAS) help with providing food for my pets?
2. How do I find assistance with spay/neuter?
3. How do I find assistance with veterinary bills?
4. How is the Lincoln County Animal Shelter funded?
5. How many animals find homes?
6. What are the adoption fees?
7. What if the adoption isn’t working out? Can I return the pet?
8. What is included with adoptions?
9. Why do so many people surrender their animals? Is there something wrong with the animals?
10. Do you accept and adopt other animals?
11. Can I bring in a feral cat?
12. What do I need to do if my pet bites someone?
13. What should I do if I've been bitten by an animal?
14. What should I do if my dog or cat is exposed to an animal with rabies?
15. If I witness animal abuse or neglect, what should I do?
16. How do I report a barking dog or other nuisance?