What can I do about a nuisance wildlife problem?

Nuisance wildlife issues include situations such as raccoons living in your home's attic or chimney, a groundhog living under your shed, or a squirrel inside your home's walls.

  • Visit the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)'s site for tips on choosing a wildlife control company. Critter Getter is one local option at 541-418-0788.
  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides a toll-free number to answer questions and provide guidance for these types of nuisance wildlife issues: 877-463-6497. The call center may also provide you with a referral to a private licensed Wildlife Control Cooperator who is knowledgeable and trained to respond to these nuisance wildlife issues and evict wildlife from your home and prevent the animals from re-entering in the future.

Show All Answers

1. How do I help sick or injured wildlife?
2. Where can I obtain information about living with wildlife?
3. What can I do about a nuisance wildlife problem?