- Board of Commissioners
- Grant Programs
- Emergency Preparedness Matching Grant Program
- Emergency Preparedness Matching Grant Program Fiscal Year 2022 - 2023
Emergency Preparedness Matching Grant Program Fiscal Year 2022 - 2023
Notification Date: March 1, 2023, Updated 03/24/23
The Lincoln County Board of Commissioners is pleased to announce continuation of the local matching grant program for emergency preparedness, disaster response and disaster recovery for qualifying entities.
To provide matching funds to qualifying local entities to purchase emergency supplies or equipment (e.g., disaster food items, water purification equipment, bedding, cots, sanitation, first-aid supplies, warning radios or other devices, and similar supplies or equipment) intended for disaster response or recovery efforts.
Incorporated cities in Lincoln County;
- City Fire Departments and Rural Fire Protection Districts in Lincoln County;
- Lincoln County School District,
- Oregon Coast Community College,
- Charter Schools within Lincoln County,
- OSU Hatfield Marine Science Center;
- Alsea, Depoe Bay,
- The Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians; and
- OSU Extension
Service Amounts Available:
Lincoln County has made available, up to $36,000, for fiscal year 2022-2023 on a first come first served basis of approved projects. Individual grants, up to $2,500 per qualifying entity, are available on a dollar-for-dollar match.
- An email announcement of the grant opening will be forwarded by the County Emergency Manager to the qualifying entities agency leadership.
- Application Access:
- Digital application link is available at the county website.
- Qualifying Entities will fill out and submit the digital application to have their project considered for approval. A PDF version of the digital application is available on the county website for review in advance.
- Application Project Details:
- Agency demographics, points of contacts, project timelines, list of items to be purchased and where they will be stored.
- Project narrative, how the requested funds will be utilized for emergency preparedness, response, or disaster recovery efforts.
- Agency Emergency Operations Plan (EOP), upload a digital PDF copy of the current agency EOP in the digital application form.
- Application Timelines:
- Application process will remain open until all funds are awarded for this fiscal year or until May 15th, whichever is sooner.
- Will be made via email to applicants on their application status.
- For those with approved projects, instructions will be provided for executing the project award, i.e., access to matching funds, final expense reporting and project conclusion report and timelines.
- How to Access to Matching Funds:
- Complete the Financial Advance Request form if an advance is needed. The form will be emailed with the award notification, allow 3 weeks for payment processing, submit via email to County Emergency Manager.
- Complete Project Financial Final Request/Report form once all items have been expensed, allow 3 weeks for payment process if any remaining matching funds are due to Awardee, submit via email to County Emergency Manager.
- Funds must be requested by the Awardee by June 7th for payment to be made before the end of the fiscal year; see financial request forms above in the Access to Matching Funds.
- Project Conclusion:
- Complete the Final Financial Project Request/Report form and forward to County Emergency Manager.
- Complete the digital Project Conclusion Report to make notification of expenditures and project conclusion.
- If Awardee is unable to utilize all of their awarded funds for their project and they requested advance funds they will be invoiced for the return of the unused amount of the match funds.
- County Emergency Manager should be notified via email if response/recovery supplies are relocated to a new location in future years.
- Application and reporting form links are in the column on the right.