Marriage License & Ceremony Information
New Marriage License Online Application
Fill out the marriage license application online before purchasing the license.
To purchase a marriage license, both parties need to fill out the online application, submit the application, then email us photos of their driver's licenses for both parties. Then call us at 541-265-4131 and we will go through the license with you over the phone, then you pay the fee by credit card over the phone, then we will mail you the license. If you would like to schedule a ceremony with the County Clerk, mention that to us and we will get it scheduled for you.
Our mailing address:
Lincoln County Clerk's Office
225 West Olive Street
Newport, Oregon 97365
Please note: Marriage Licenses are issued between the hours of 9 am and 3:45 pm, Monday through Friday, with a combination of online and over the phone. If you would like to apply for a marriage license in person, call 541-265-4131 to schedule an appointment.
The application process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- The fee for the marriage license is $60.
- There is a 3-day waiting period before the license becomes effective, however, the waiting period can be waived for an additional $10 fee and the license would be effective immediately.
- These fees do not include any ceremony, which is required.
- If you would like to schedule a ceremony with the County Clerk, call 541-265-4131.
Please be advised:
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age (or 17 if accompanied by a parent who will sign a consent form).
- Email your driver's license or ID card for identification. (must be emailed prior to receiving marriage license)
- If either party has been divorced within the past 6 months, they will need to email a copy of their final divorce decree.
- The license is good for 60 days and blood tests are not required.
Marriage Ceremony Specials
Ceremony at the Courthouse or at Don Davis Park. Weekend ceremonies by request at the availability of the Clerk.
Please note: For information about these marriage ceremonies by the County Clerk, call 541-265-4131 or email the County Clerk.