WHAT DOES THE CLERK'S OFFICE DO?
- The Clerk plans, coordinates and conducts all elections in Lincoln County, Oregon, up to four a year and ensures that elections are conducted according to statute. The Clerk directs the preparation and maintenance of records related to voting activities, precinct designation, mailing, voter and candidate services. The Clerk assures the fair and unbiased application, operation and interpretation of election laws, providing the public with complete, transparent and accurate information.
- The Clerk is responsible for processing all real property transactions, plats and Commissioners' Journal documents.
- The Clerk is responsible for overseeing the Archive/Records center.
- The Clerk is responsible for issuing marriage licenses, junk yard licenses, Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission licenses (after being approved by the Board of Commissioners) and accepting passport applications.
- The Clerk is responsible for accepting Board of Property Tax Appeal Petitions for Lincoln County.