Manufactured Structure Transactions

The Lincoln County Assessor's Office processes ownership applications for locally manufactured structures through the State of Oregon Building Codes Division's Manufactured Home Ownership Document System (MHODS). Learn more information on the MHODS website.

Manufactured structures are also known as manufactured dwellings, manufactured homes, mobile homes, or park model homes. These structures are typically a minimum of 8 in a half feet wide and can be moved to a new location.

Effective May 1, 2005, responsibility for maintaining ownership and site information for manufactured structures transferred from the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to the State of Oregon's Building Codes Division (BCD); view the BCD website for more details. Please be advised, the DMV is no longer involved in this process. Ownership transfers are processed at the County Assessor's Office, which will be acting on behalf of BCD, through a title company or a dealer, or directly through the Building Codes Division.

Lincoln County will update tax records only after the transfer with the Building Codes Division is completed. Until the transfer is complete, Lincoln County will continue to show the selling party as being the owner, and therefore responsible for all property taxes. Simply signing off on a title or sales agreement does not transfer ownership.

Requirements for Every Transaction

  • All property taxes must be paid in full. From July 1 until the tax roll is extended in late October, pre-collection of taxes is also required (unless otherwise noted)
  • All required fees must be paid at the time of the transaction. All fees are non-refundable. Payment by cash, money order, cashier's check, or credit card will be accepted for all fees other than tax payments. We do not accept personal checks.
  • Our fee schedule is as follows:
    • $55 - Ownership Document - all ownership changes including but not limited to:
      • Adding/removing home to a trust
      • Abandonment
      • Adding/removing a security interest holder
      • Changing ownership by the death of an owner
    • $55 - Exemption of Manufactured Structure from Ownership Documentation to Untitled
    • $5 - Trip Permit (per section)

Forms and additional information can be found on the MHODS Forms page or the BCD MHODS Information page.

Please note: Applications will not be processed in MHODS without the County Certification form verifying taxes have been paid.

Please have all required forms completed before submitting them to the Assessor's Office. If you have questions, please contact our office at 541-265-4102.