410 NE Harney Street
Newport, OR 97365
Service Areas For Dial-A-Ride:
Dial-A-Ride service is available within the cities of Newport and Lincoln City.
- Our Dial-A-Ride buses operate from 8:00AM to 3:30PM Monday through Friday.
Who Can Ride
We are a "curb to curb" coordinated and accessible transit service available to everyone. "Curb to curb" means that we'll pick you up and deliver you to the curb of your choice. Unfortunately we cannot help you up or down stairs, into or out of your house, or to and from the bus.
Reserving a Ride (541-265-4900)
Due to the high demand of this service, Dial-A-Ride will take ride reservations on a "first-call, first-serve" basis. Just make a phone call to our dispatch office at least one day in advance so that we may secure your requested time and location.
- Same day service is provided on a space available basis.
- We must restrict your ride to a maximum of a "two stop" limit per day.
When you call (541-265-4900) to schedule your ride, we need to know....
- what day
- what time
- where you want us to pick you up
- where you want to go
You are welcome to schedule your return trip with a specific time, or you may utilize our "will-call" option. Will-call is handy for appointments with unspecified completion times.
Due to numerous variables that each driver must endure throughout his or her day (traffic, weather, schedules, etc.) please be available for your ride 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time, and be prepared to wait up to 15 minutes after your scheduled pickup time for your ride.
"No show" or Late Cancel" policy: Any passenger who does not cancel their scheduled ride at least two hours in advance is considered a "No show." Three "No shows", Five “Same Day Cancels” will result in a 30 day disqualification from Dial-A-Ride services. A second disqualification will result in a sixty day suspension. A third disqualification will result in a one year loss of services.
Have Fare Ready
All riders must pay a fare upon boarding the transit bus.
- The cost is $1 for a one-way ride plus $1 per each additional stop.
- Fares may be paid in cash or by ride coupon.
- Discounted coupon books may be purchased at the transit office or through the bus driver.
Limited Assistance From Drivers
Drivers may leave their vehicle to provide minimal assistance in boarding and/or disembarking; however, drivers are restricted from picking up any item weighing 25 lbs. or more.
- The driver can remove groceries and/or other items from the bus to the curb only. Drivers are prohibited from carrying items of any kind further than the curb (e.g., front door of residence). Any passenger that may require additional assistance is asked to bring their own aide.
- Please do not exceed four bags of groceries when boarding our buses.
- Passengers are asked to NOT leave any items or packages on the bus while they do additional shopping or make additional stops.
- Drivers are authorized to use their discretion and may refuse any and all stops that they feel may be UNSAFE and/or inaccessible to the driver, the rider and/or the vehicle.
Passengers are Required:
- To wear seatbelts unless a "State Certificate of Exemption" is presented to the driver.
- To stay seated at all times until the bus comes to a complete stop and the passenger doors are open.
Passengers Have the Right:
- To prompt and courteous service.
- To be treated with respect.
- To be given the same service as any other passenger.
- To a safe and comfortable ride.
- To a fair hearing of any grievance.
Passengers Are Prohibited From:
- Engaging in prohibited or illegal actions.
- Carrying hazardous objects or weapons.
- Transporting flammable, caustic, or poisonous materials.
- Playing stereos without the use of headphones.
- Smoking on the bus.
Additional Bus Services: Transit
In addition to the city Dial-A-Ride program, we offer a regularly scheduled transit bus system that services most of Lincoln County. We provide transportation to and from Yachats, Waldport, Seal Rock, South Beach, Newport, Toledo, Siletz, Depoe Bay, Lincoln City, Otis, and Rose Lodge.