Lincoln County Map Standards
- Map sizes: 8 1/2 x 11, 8 1/2 x 14, 18 x 24, 11 x 17 and 14 x 17. Maps having more than one sheet must be the same size, with page numbers and total number of pages on each sheet. 209.250(2)
- Dense black permanent ink on a stable base material (100% rag, bond, vellum or mylar) Not accepted: xerographic process copies, ballpoint or felt pens. 209.250 (2)
- All information must be legible and capable of being reproduced clearly for copies and microfilm.
- Reserve a minimum 1/2" border space. 209.250(2). A 1" border for all partitions, subdivision,
and condominium plats. 92.080
- Reserve an additional area big enough for a stamp 1"x 2" in the upper right corner for the filing
- For whom the survey was conducted. 209.070(2)
- Date of the survey, reflecting date monuments were set or reset. File map within 45 days of this
- Scale of the drawing multiples of ten 209.250(3c)
- North arrow 209.250(3c)
- Street or road names or numbers.
- Surveyor’s seal and signature (on each page) ORS 209.250(3g), OAR 820-15-0035, with
expiration date of license. OAR 820-10-0620
- Surveyor’s business name and address 209.250(3h)
- Location of the survey by Township, Range, Section and 1/4 Section. 209.250(3a)
- Show the basis of bearing on the line represented on the map noting the reference (Polaris,
Solar, Geodetic Control Points, County Survey, etc.) ORS 209.250(3d,e).
- Measured distance and course to a monumented government corner or a monumented lot corner of
a recorded subdivision. ORS 209.250(3d).
- Identify all monuments set or found along with a detailed monument description.
- Show the mathematical relationship between found and set monuments. Bearings and distances
(new and/or record) on all applicable lines. Distinctively note record information with recording
reference (CS #’s, etc.) ORS 209.250(3e,f).
- Narrative to include: 209.250(2)
a. Statement of purpose
b. How lines were established
c. Which deed records controlled
d. Which deed elements controlled
e. Which survey records controlled
f. Which found survey monuments controlled
g. Which plat records controlled
h. Which road records controlled
i. Other controlling data or factors
- If the narrative is a separate document it shall be the same size as the map. The separate narrative
shall also include: 209.250(2)
a. Location of survey by Township, Range, Section and 1/4 Section
b. Content of narrative as noted above
c. Date of survey
d. Surveyor's seal and signature
e. Surveyor's business name and address
[Last updated February 2008]