Sheriff's Mounted Posse
107 N. Coast Hwy
Newport, OR 97365
Lieutenant Lyle Mattson
541-961-5373 or 541-265-6641
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Mounted Posse averages over 6,000 volunteer hours per year. Events including parades, color guards, community projects, assisting Sheriff's Deputies at crime scenes, search and rescue, firework displays, Lincoln County Fair and Rodeo, tsunami training, animal rescue, 4-H shows, Seafood and Wine festival, and many more, are included in these volunteer hours.
Read the constitution and by-laws of the Sheriff's Mounted Posse (See attachment below).
How to join the Lincoln County Sheriff's Mounted Posse:
- Citizen of Lincoln County
- Clean criminal record, and background check
- Driver license for the state of Oregon
- Qualified horse and display ability to handle appropriately
- Qualified horse equipment and trailer
- Ability to volunteer your time to the community
- Ability to attend and pass training programs offered
- Ability to attend monthly meetings
- Ability to purchase required equipment
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Mounted Posse also has a Cadet Program for youth over the age of 16.
Some of the activities our Posse Members are involved in include:
- Search and Rescue
- Law enforcement & security
- Trail ride and gaming
- Handgun safety and competition
- Scholarship promotion for youth
Interested in Volunteering?
If you have an interest in law enforcement, search and rescue, or would like to support your community by volunteering, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Mounted Posse may be for you.
LINCOLN COUNTY SHERIFF'S POSSE $1000 SCHOLARSHIP
If you are a Lincoln County high school senior or graduate who is planning a career in animal husbandry, livestock management, game management or law enforcement and plan to attend an accredited college or university to reach this goal, you can apply for our scholarship. Just print and fill out this application (See attachment below) and mail it to the address above. The application is due by May 1.
Want the Posse in Your Event?
If your organization would like the Sheriff's Mounted Posse to participate in an event or parade, please print and fill out this application (See attachment below) and mail it to the address above. Thank you!
2017 Lincoln County Sheriff's Mounted Posse Officers
||Curtis L. Landers
|2nd 2nd Lt.