Conditions of Supervision
The Court may place the defendant on probation, which shall be subject to the following General Conditions unless specifically deleted by the Court (ORS 137.540).
The Probationer shall:
- Pay supervision fees, fines, restitution or other fees ordered by the Court.
- Not use or possess controlled substances except pursuant to a medical prescription.
- Submit to testing of breath or urine for controlled substance or alcohol use if the probationer has a history of substance abuse or if there is a reasonable suspicion that the probationer has illegally used controlled substances.
- Participate in a substance abuse evaluation as directed by the supervising officer and follow the recommendations of the evaluator if there are reasonable grounds to believe there is a history of substance abuse.
- Remain in the State of Oregon until written permission to leave is granted by the Department of Corrections or a county community corrections agency.
- If physically able, find and maintain gainful full-time employment, approved schooling, or a full-time combination of both. Any waiver of this requirement must be based on a finding by the Court stating the reasons for the waiver.
- Change neither employment nor residence without prior permission from the Department of Corrections or a county community corrections agency.
- Permit the probation officer to visit the probationer or the probationer's residence or work site, and report as required and abide by the direction of the supervising officer.
- Consent to the search of person, vehicle or premises upon the request of a representative of the supervising officer if the supervising officer has reasonable grounds to believe that evidence of a violation will be found, and submit to fingerprinting or photographing, or both, when requested by the Department of Corrections or a county community corrections agency for supervision purposes.
- Obey all laws, municipal, county, state and federal.
- Promptly and truthfully answer all reasonable inquiries by the Department of Corrections or a county community corrections agency.
- Not possess weapons, firearms or dangerous animals.
- If under supervision for, or previously convicted of, a sex offense under ORS 163.305 to 163.465, and if recommended by the supervising officer, successfully complete a sex offender treatment program approved by the supervising officer and submit to polygraph examinations at the direction of the supervising officer.