Lincoln County HHS
Behavioral Health and Public Health
Physical Address: 255 SW Coast HWY
MAIL: 36 SW Nye Street
Newport, OR 97365
Lincoln County Mental Health Advisory Committee (MHAC)
OAR Division 14
The Lincoln County Mental Health Advisory Committee (MHAC) has the following duties:
1) To actively support and promote public awareness of the services provided by the Lincoln County Health & Human Service’s mental health programs.
2) To review Health & Human Service’s mental health program utilization information.
3) To assist Health & Human Service’s mental health program staff in the preparation of the biennial implementation plan.
4) To review existing mental health programs for compliance with ORS 430.620, 430.630, and 430.705.
5) To receive input from interested community members; to identify and develop priorities regarding community mental health issues and needs; and to advise other members of the Human Services Planning Board, through which coordinated recommendations for all human service areas will be made to the County Board of Commissioners.
6) To promote community education regarding mental and emotional disturbances and developmental disabilities.
Members meet at least quarterly; special meetings may be called by either the chairperson or other Committee members, as needed.