Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Regular Hours: 8am -12pm & 1pm -5pm, Monday-Friday
Walk In Hours: Monday- Friday 1pm-2pm
- Tel: (541) 265-4163
- Fax: (541) 265-4194
Address: 36 SW Nye Street, Newport
Hours: 8am- 12pm & 1pm-5pm Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday
Walk In Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 3pm-3:30pm
- Tel: (541) 265-0578
- Fax: (541) 994-0261
Address: 4422 NE Devils Lake Blvd Suite 2, Lincoln City
What is WIC?
WIC is a supplemental nutrition program for pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, and children (WIC) under 5 years of age. WIC provides healthy foods at the right time to promote good growth and development.
Why get WIC for your family?
- Women on WIC eat a healthier diet, have healthier babies and receive early prenatal care.
- Infants born to WIC mothers weigh more and have improved growth and development rates.
- Children on WIC eat foods with more iron and vitamin C, and visit their doctors regularly.
What You Get With WIC
- Extra foods for moms who are breastfeeding (who don’t get formula from WIC)
- Infant formula for moms who are not breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Support
- Online Nutrition Education
- Breast Pumps if eligible
- Referrals to resources (i.e. immunizations, home visiting, social service agencies, etc.)
- An electronic card to buy foods that helps keep people healthy and strong such as:
- milk, cheese, eggs
- dried beans or peas
- fruits and vegetables
- baby food
- fruit juice
- peanut butter
- whole wheat bread, corn tortillas or brown rice
- canned tuna
You are eligible if you:
- Live in Oregon
- Are a pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding woman, an infant or a
- child under 5 years old (Fathers, grandparents, foster parents or other guardians may apply for WIC for their children.)
- Have a nutritional need
- Have a household income that is less than or equal to the guidelines below:
Am I Eligible? CLICK HERE to see the latest income guidelines. (May 2016)
CLICK HERE TO TRY OUT THE PRE-SCREENING TOOL TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
How Do I Apply
Call the Lincoln County Health and Human Services WIC program at 541-265-4163 to make an appointment at the Newport or Lincoln City office.