What are reportable diseases?
- All Oregon health departments are required to report diagnosis of certain diseases. These diseases are called 'reportable'.
- There are currently over 50 reportable diseases in Oregon.
- The Oregon Public Health Division Reporting for Clinicians poster specifies which diseases need to be reported.
- When a report is made, all personal patient information is kept confidential.
To Report on a Reportable Disease:
- Use the Confidential Oregon Morbidity Report Form and follow the submission instructions on the form OR
- Call or fax the following information to Lincoln County Public Health (contact information above):
- Sick person's name
- Sick person's address and phone number
- Sick person's date of birth
- Diagnosis (what disease do they have?)
- What day the symptoms began
For information on disease and infection from other sources like animal bites, food borne illness, and water borne illness, see our Environmental Health page.