Community members and visitors can choose up to 3 ways to receive emergency notifications and community information from Public Safety, City, Tribal and County Officials for Lincoln County, Oregon. Community members should also be knowledgeable of our local radio, print, television and on-line media sources who will provide additional information from local public safety officials as it becomes available.
For questions or more information contact Lincoln County Sheriff's Office - Emergency Management at (541) 265-4199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS?
1 - Residential and business landline numbers are automatically included in the emergency contact list and do not require any action.
2 - Sign-up each person in your household to receive alerts to your mobile phone, mobile text, e-mail, fax and mobile app.
- Helpful Tips:
- Addresses: The more address information you provide, the better our ability to notify you of emergencies that might affect you, your family or your business.
- Businesses: Sign-up to receive alerts related to the physical addresses associated with their business locations.
- SMS TXT # (Text Messages): Did you enter your mobile phone number in the “SMS TXT #” option? This is the feature to send a specific text message to your mobile phone in addition to actual voice calls.
- Did you add an email?: This is how we can send you specific information related to an on-going event, i.e., shelter locations, damage assessment guidelines, evacuation route maps, photos of persons of interest or missing persons, etc.
- River Groups: Lincoln Alerts is an “all hazards” event notification system. However, we have set up specific notifications for the four major rivers in Lincoln County, Siletz, Yaquina, Alsea, and Yachats. We may have individuals who do not have an address along the river but commute along the roads near the rivers. This is also a way to reach those who boat, fish or recreate on the rivers when we have flood warnings/watches.
- Community Members with Access and Functional Needs: Can assist local planners and responders with resources that may be needed for neighborhood evacuations, shelter away from home or sheltering at home. Here is the list of special needs you can identify: hearing impaired, visually impaired, speech impaired, dialysis, wheelchair/mobility challenges, oxygen tank dependent, refrigerator medication needs
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR COMMUNITY INFORMATION?
3 - Anyone can sign up to receive community information via text from City, Tribal and County Officials by texting any or all of the keywords below and/or your zip code to '888777'.
- Welcome Message: You will receive a single opt in welcome message. Reply YES to continue to receive SMS text messages.
- Opt Out: You may opt out at any point by texting '888777', enter "STOP [keyword]" .
- Help: For help with your keyword subscriptions text HELP to 888777 for information.
- Manage Keyword Text Subscriptions: To manage your Lincoln County or other area keyword subscriptions go to https://local.nixle.com/accounts/login/
- Community information may include street closures, water outages, and community event notices.
- Notifications will also be sent when there is a critical situation affecting that area.
- Message and data rates may apply based on your individual mobile phone plan, message frequencies vary.
Text Your Zip Code and/or any of the Keywords to 888777
City, Tribal KEYWORDS
Lincoln County KEYWORDS