Lincoln County Board of Commissioners
225 West Olive Street, Room 110
Newport, Oregon 97365
tel: (541) 265-4100
fax: (541) 265-4176
Linda Pilson Retiring - Process to Fill Treasurer Vacancy
After approximately 32 years of dedicated service to the citizens of Lincoln County, and having served as Lincoln County Treasurer and Tax Collector since 2008, Linda Pilson will retire effective June 29, 2018.
Under Oregon law, the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners will be appointing a qualifying person to serve as the Lincoln County Treasurer (and Tax Collector) until the next general election on November 6, 2018.
Today, the Board announced the process that they will use to fill the vacancy.
The Board will accept applications from qualifying persons. In order to meet the minimum necessary qualifications, the applicant must be:
- A citizen of the United States and an elector under the Oregon Constitution; and
- A resident of Lincoln County for a period of one year prior to the appointment.
To be considered, applicants must submit a letter of interest in being appointed interim Lincoln County Treasurer (and Tax Collector). The letter should include the following:
- Applicant’s background, experience and qualifications for the position.
- An indication whether or not the applicant desires to accept the interim appointment only, or will also stand for election in November of 2018 for a full four year term.
- No less than three references who can comment on the applicant’s professional demeanor and management experience.
The letter of interest must be received in the Board of Commissioners Office, Lincoln County Courthouse, Room 110, 225 W. Olive Street, Newport, OR 97365 by no later than 5:00 P.M. on June 6, 2018.
Upon review and determination that the applicant(s) meet the minimum qualifications, the Board of Commissioners may conduct interviews of any or all of the applicants at a regular Board meeting or special board meeting set for the interviews. The Board may continue the interviews or gather more information or ask more questions at its discretion. After all of the interviews are completed, the Board will schedule deliberations at a regular board meeting or special board meeting, and then make a decision.